Mindy Parsons, Ph.D., is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) and a Registered Play Therapist (RPT) who is passionate about family and relationship issues. She maintains a private practice in Downtown Delray Beach, Florida. She is a nationally respected author on family therapy and co-authored Changing Aging, Changing Family Therapy: Practicing with 21st Century Realities, along with Dr. Paul Peluso and Dr. Richard Watts. She is also Nationally Board Certified and a Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor. Dr. Parsons is an adjunct professor at both Florida Atlantic University and Lynn University. She is also an associate editor of Mental Health and Mental Illness, a 3-volume encyclopedia.
Mindy is trained in play therapy and sand tray and specializes in couples, families and children. Among her areas of expertise are:
- Couples dealing with infidelity
- Improving communication with couples
- Children of divorce
- Parenting issues & challenges
- Play therapy for children
- Sand tray therapy for children & adults
In addition, Mindy has a Ph.D. in mental health counseling. She is an interactive therapist trained in the school of Adlerian Psychology. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help empower clients to effectively address personal life challenges.
She integrates complimentary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each individual client, couple or family. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they’re striving for.
- Ph.D., Mental Health Counseling, Florida Atlantic University, Florida Atlantic University
- Masters of Education (M.Ed.) Mental Health Counseling, Florida Atlantic University
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor with the State of Florida
- Adlerian Group Therapy, Athens, Greece
- Specialized training in Sand tray and Play therapy by the nation's top experts in sand and play therapy
- Accredited and Certified in Triple P (positive parenting)
- Registered Play Therapist through the National Association of Play Therapy (RPT)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC)
- Qualified Supervisor for Mental Health Counselor Interns
- North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- American Mental Health Counseling Association (AMHCA)
- Association for Play Therapy (APT)
- Florida Association for Play Therapy (FAPT) / BOARD MEMBER
To contact Mindy Parsons, please call (561) 542-0708 or contact me.